The AEA RPQ2 Ribbon Preamp and EQ provide two channels of high-output, high-impedance, and low-noise gain with a rich and natural sound that brings out the full potential of your microphones.
Specifically designed for ribbon microphones, the RPQ2 excels at drawing out the warmth and lush sound that ribbons are uniquely known for.
The RPQ2 is a powerhouse that provides unparalleled high gain with low-noise. With 81db of JFET output, the RPQ2 gives you enough juice to record soft sources without ever having to worry about noise.
The RPQ2 is the tool of choice for all microphones whenever a true and pristine signal path is desired.
With the RPQ2, you will never consider a source too quiet to record with a ribbon mic ever again. Passive ribbons with low output levels require preamps that supply a high level of output. If the preamp you use doesn’t have enough clean gain, the mic signal may seem too soft or noisy which may be apparent when recording quiet acoustic guitars or strings, especially at a distance or with long cable runs. The RPQ2 eliminates this concern.
- Two channels with 81dB of sweet and quiet JFET gain
- High-frequency CurveShaper™ EQ and low frequency proximity control
- 63k ohm high-impedance circuitry providing better overall transients, frequency response, and higher output sensitivity
- High-resolution, high-impedance front-panel 1/4" DIs
- Mic/Line mode with Post-Mic and Pre-EQ Inserts for convenient routing options
- Switchable phantom-power and polarity reverse
- Made in the U.S.A.