The Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 Gen2 is a professional 3.5 way active studio monitor with built-in subwoofers. The Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 Gen2 improves on Barefoot’s original all-in-one monitor concept and brings many refinements. True to the original sound, the Barefoot MM27 Gen2 delivers the same effortless sound translation but with even greater transparency and detail.
The MicroMain27 Gen2 features the same compact design with integrated dual 10” force-cancelling subwoofers as its predecessor, but includes brand new technology taken from the flagship MiniMain12, such as ultra-high-quality converters, brand new 1” ring radiator tweeter, 5.25” extended-range neodymium mid and bass drivers, Hypex amplification, AES Digital inputs, 1dB stepped attenuator and advanced DSP integration.
A new reference in terms of monitoring, the MicroMain27 can already be seen in countless studios and is used by some of the most renowned engineers in the world including Michael Brauer, Butch Vig and many more. The new MicroMain27 Gen 2 improves on its predecessor with the inclusion of technology found in the MiniMain12 including the same signal path from converters to the Digital Signal Processor to the Hypex amplifier modules. In addition the improved tweeter delivers more accurate high-frequencies. Combined with the 5.25” mid and bass drivers and dual 10” subwoofers, The MicroMain27 Gen2 delivers an honest and even more accurate image.
In addition, the MM27 Gen2 includes brand new DSP to provide voicing characteristics and responses of classic nearfield monitors. Controlled via a four-position wired remote, the voicings include four settings. The “Old School” settings emulates the NS10M by rolling off the sub-bass and top end information while increasing the mid-range presence, while “Cube” takes on the voicing of the ubiquitous Auratones grotbox and “Hi-FI” sweetens the high end and warms mid-range frequencies just like most consumer hi-fi systems. Finally the “Flat” setting delivers the true and revealing sound of the Barefoot Sound.
Just like its predecessor, the MicroMain27 Gen 2 offers built-in dual 10” subwoofers which used alongside the updated 1” ring radiator tweeter and dual 5.25” mid and bass drivers delivers the effortless and revealing performance. Indeed the integrated sub design takes the pressure off the mid-bass drivers ensuring a hugely detailed low frequencies and midrange.
Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 Gen2 Overview:
• 3.5-way active studio monitor with integral subwoofers
• Four-setting MEME DSP voice emulation
• Analogue and AES3 digital inputs
• Tweeter – 1″ ring radiator with Advanced neodymium moto. Amplifier: 250W Hypex
• Midbass 1 – 5.25″ poly/paper cone with Advanced neodymium motor. Amplifier: 250W Hypex
• Midbass 2 – 5.25″ poly/paper cone with Advanced neodymium motor. Amplifier: 250W Hypex
• Subwoofers – 2 x 10″ aluminum cone with high linearity motor, with +/- 13 mm linear excursion. Amplifier: 500W Hypex
• Crossover Frequencies: 100 / 600 / 3000 Hz
• Cabinet Dimensions: 20.5″ x 9.5″ x 15.5″
• Overall Dimensions: 20.5″ x 10.4″ x. 17.4″