The A-Designs P-1 Mic-Pre is a single channel mic preamp for the 500 Series format, inspired by the Quad console, as also used in the A-Designs Pacifica rack unit.
Simplicity itself, the A-Designs P-1 Mic Pre was inspired by the input section of the classic Quad Eight console, to give you an outstanding mic-pre built to the highest standards and capable of bringing all your recordings to life.
With just a a gain, phase reverse, pad and 48v phantom supply to offer you on the front panel of the P-1, it is what is underneath the cover that counts. As ever with the thoughtfully-designed units from A-Design, it is top-quality components, attention to detail and meticulous workmanship.
The P-1 Mic Pre is just one of the six 500 Series units available from A-Designs at the moment. Like the Pacifica two channel rack unit, A-Designs have set out to re-create a classic from the past and with the P-I Mic Pre they’ve done it again.
A-Designs P-1 Mic-Pre Overview:
• Single-channel, solid state preamp for the 500 Series format
• Captures the sound quality of the legendary Quad Eight Pacifica console with even more presence and high-end
• Very warm and full tone without being dark; wide bandwidth with a sweet top end
• 72dB of quiet gain, great for use with ribbon mics
• Unique DI design
• Phase reversal
• -20dB pad
• +48V phantom power
• Solid construction, made in the USA.