Q2 Audio ADR F760X-RS Compex
The ADR F760X-RS Compex is an authentic remake of the classic Audio & Design Recording compressor, used in many studios and broadcast stations all over the world. The “Compex” is a dynamics processor featuring a stereo compressor/limiter and expander/noise gate.
Meticulously recreating the original feedback FET discrete analogue circuit, The ADR F760X-RS Compex captures all the unique sonic characteristics that have set this unit apart and made it so popular throughout the 3 decades of its production.
Originally designed for studio and broadcast the ADR F760X-RS features a compressor/limiter with ratios going from as little as 1:1 all the way up to 20:1, as well as precise controls over the threshold. One of the characteristics of this unit was its fast attack and release time making it ideal for compressing drums. In addition to the compressor/limiter, the ADR F760X-RS Compex features an expander/gate with a unique hysteresis avoiding the unwanted closing or opening of the expander/gate around the threshold.
ADR F760X- RS Compex Overview:
• Dual channel/stereo level control offering simultaneous compression gain reduction with peak limiting and expansion/gating.
• Precision calibrated compressor/limiter threshold control which allows the user to “dial up” the amount of compression required before peak limiting occurs.
• Switched Compression values from 1:1 (amplifier), 2:1, 3:1, 5:1, 10:1 & 20:1 (limiter).
• Ultra-fast compressor and expander attack values.
• Auto dual platform release function – allows fast transient recovery on a “build-up” slow release.