The AEA R92 is a bi-directional ribbon microphone optimised for flat-response working in close-miking situations.
By reducing the proximity effect on the AEA R92, Audio Engineering Associates have used their experience in Large Ribbon Geometry to create an excellent microphone for close-up work, whether for recording vocals or speaker cabinets. Not only is the R92 capable of withstanding higher wind-noise too, AEA have also designed both microphone faces to give subtly different sounds – the front face gives you a brighter sound and the rear is more suited to delivering a classic ribbon sound, with greater top end roll-off.
Widely adaptable for all sorts of recording situations, the striking AEA R92 brings you a flexible up-to-date take on a highly desirable long-gone classic. Thanks to Wes Dooley, AEA has created this vital addition to your recording armoury to enable you to bring out the best in your close-up recordings.
AEA R92 Overview:
- Large Ribbon Geometry transducer
- Solid bass and smooth treble response
- Fast, accurate transient reproduction
- Low self-noise and high SPL capability
- Excellent off-axis frequency response
- Wide-band response from 20Hz to 20 KHz
- Distinct character of front and rear lobes