The Neve 1073LB Pre is the latest incarnation of Rupert Neve’s legendary 1073 preamp and is designed to fit into 500 Series chassis.
40 years after Rupert Neve’s original design, the Neve 1073LB Pre exhibits all the same sonic characteristics that have made this preamp so popular throughout the world. From using the same Class A design and architecture as its predecessor to matching every component and hand-wound transformers, AMS Neve has gone to great length to ensure the latest iteration of the 1073 family delivers the same big and punchy sound with silky-smooth top end engineers and producers expect.
Updated for the 21st century the Neve 1073LB Pre features new additions such as an output Trim control, a switchable microphone input impedance and Neve’s unique Audio Processing Input allowing the processing of adjacent Neve modules within the same 500 Series chassis.
Now in a small, portable and flexible 500 Series format, the Neve 1073LB Pre brings you the sound of Neve at a fraction of the price.
Neve 1073LB Main Features:
• Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
• Neve designed hand-wound transformers
• Both Mic and Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
• Gain knob with Signal Presence LED
• +5/-20dB level Trim control with integrated phantom power on/off switch
• Phase, Impedance and Front Input selector switches
• Front combi-XLR connector with intelligent switching of phantom power
• Audio Processing Insert design allows processing from adjacent Neve modules in same Lunchbox to be inserted into the 1073LB’s pre-output stage
• Microphone Input: Gain -80db to -20dB in 5dB steps
• Line Input: Input impedance 4k ohms bridging, gain -20dB to +10dB in 5dB steps
• Output is transformer balanced and earth freeDistortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
• Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz
• Crafted in England by Neve engineers