AMS NEVE 1084 Mic Pre/EQ
The Neve 1084 is an iconic mic preamp and EQ module delivering an incredibly big, fat and smooth sound. It is designed to work in vintage Neve consoles such as the Neve 8000 series or with a dedicated power supply.
The Neve 1084 builds on the legendary 1073 mic pre and EQ but sports significantly different frequency selections producing a tonality of its own. The 1084 also includes a Q switch offering a choice between wide and narrow bandwidths making it a much more flexible module.
The three-band EQ section of the 1084 features selectable frequencies which can be cut or boosted with a mid-range band featuring the High Q switch. 18dB/oct High-pass and Low Pass filters are also included covering 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz and 360Hz for the HPF and 6kHZ, 8kHzm 10kHz, 14kHz, and 18kHz for the LPF.
Compatible with old Neve consoles the 1084 is still hand made in the UK by Neve and is reproduced to the exact specifications of original modules. Despite some components not being available today, Neve has painstakingly worked to keep key original components such as the original hand-wound Carnhill transformers which are instrumental to legendary Neve sound.
The 1084 pre is designed to work with a wide range of mic and line sources from condenser to ribbon microphones providing very low noise and distortion with generous overload performance.
Neve 1084 Mic Pre and Equaliser Overview:
- Classic Neve transformer mic preamplifier with wide range of equaliser settings
- 3 switchable EQ bands
- Hand crafted and tested precisely to original 1970 design
- HP and LP filters with High Q setting
- Transformer-balanced and earth free inputs and outputs
- Output: Maximum output >+26dBu into 600 ohms. Output impedance is 75 ohms @1kHz.
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- Freq. Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
- Noise: Not more than -83dBu at all Line gain settings EQ In/Out