The Ensemble offers a latency round-trip of 1.1ms, below that of any all-in-one audio interface and features eight mic preamps using Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain circuitry delivering up to 75dB of gain. Two front panel Guitar I/O are also included featuring class A JFET inputs and dual mode re-amp outputs. Built-in talkback microphone is included and two independent headphone outputs are also included.
Physical I/Os include eight mic inputs with input 1 to 4 on combo Jack-XLR connectors and Insert Send and Return on input 1 and 2 and two HI-Z inputs at the front. 10 analogue outputs including output 1 and 2 on Jack connectors and 3 to 10 on D-Sub. Digital I/O includes 16 Channel I/O optical via ADAT, S/PDIF I/O and Word Clock for a total of 30 inputs and 34 outputs. The proprietary Thunderbolt 2 Audio drivers and ESS Sabre 32 DAC deliver full 32-bit playback as well as unparalleled low-latency performance of 1.1ms at 96kHz/32 buffer.
In addition, the Ensemble uses a Core Audio-optimised hardware DMA Engine which frees CPU from your mac which can be used to run your sessions more smoothly. The black front panel, a departure from the silver and later white designs by Apogee, include two of the unmistakable OLED displays which can be set to show levels and settings, as well as four assignable buttons which can be assigned to control Talkback, output settings including monitor selection, mute, dim, and sum to mono.
The Ensemble comes with Apogee’s Maestro software which offers complete control over input and output settings. The Ensemble works with any Core-audio compliant DAW including Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton and many more.
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt main features:
• Thunderbolt 2 Mac audio interface
• 8 Mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and Advanced Stepped Gain circuit
• 2 front panel Guitar I/O channels with class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
• 16 analogue outputs of premium Apogee conversion
• Proprietary Thunderbolt audio driver and ESS Sabre32 DAC offer full 32-bit playback
• Groundbreaking low latency performance (1.1 ms round trip @ 96kHz/32 buffer)
• Core Audio-optimised hardware DMA Engine frees your Mac CPU
• 2 high-resolution OLED displays show levels and settings
• Input select buttons and controller knob for selection of parameters and settings
• 4 assignable buttons to control
• Talkback mic (built-in or external)
• Output settings such as speaker set selection, mute, dim, sum to mono
• Complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software
• AD/DA conversion for recording up to 24-bit/192kHz
• Works with Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant Mac applications