Pulse Techniques Pultec EQP-1S3
The Pultec EQP-1S3 is a rare version of the legendary Pultec EQP-1A eq featuring a modified high-frequency band curve including peak bells with additional frequency points and two shelf frequencies.
The Pultec EQP-1S3 is not a simple clone it is an exact reissue of the original designed over 50 years ago. It was built to exacting standards by Dr Steve Jackson after years of researching Pultecs and finding modern components with similar specs as the original. As a result, the EQP-1S3 gives you the exact same sound as a vintage unit but with the reliability, we’ve come to expect to modern designs.
This rare variant gives you the same characteristics associated with Pultec EQs such as its uncanny ability to sweeten any incoming audio, adding weight or simply improving sound, simply by passing audio through it. It is also smaller, taking 2U in your rack instead of the 3U needed with the original.
The EQP-1S3 boasts a two frequency band design (low shelf and high peak/shelf) with individual boost and cut controls which, combine to create a resonant shelf curve. This unique curve lets you boost the low end while notching the frequency above. This results in a deep and tight low frequency ideally suited for kick drums and bass guitars. The high-band differs by adding a choice of independent frequencies for the attenuation control. In addition, the EQP-1S3 offers a choice between peak and shelf modes offering different sonic characteristics. The different frequency points are:
- Low Shelf Boost/Cut: 30kcs 40kcs, 70kcs and 100kcs
- High Bell Boost:1kcs, 2kcs, 3kcs, 4kcs, 5kcs, 6kcs, 8kcs, 10kcs, 12kcs
- High Shelf Boost: 5kcs, 10kcs
- High Shelf Cut: 5kc, 10kc, 20kc
The amplification in the EQP-1S3 is exactly the same as in the EQP-1A and includes a valve-driven push-pull gain make-up stage after the EQ designed to compensate for the loss of volume incurred with passive EQ designs.
Pultec EQP1S3 Main Features:
- Boost, cut, or both – it all sounds great
- Imbue your tracks with the stuff of legend
- Thank Pultec for decades of amazing recordings
- Single-channel, two-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you’re sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide additional creative potential
- 30, 40, 70, 100 CPS shelf boost, 0 – 13.5 dB
- 30, 40, 70, 100 CPS shelf attenuate, 0 – 17.5 dB
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 KCS peak boost, 0 – 18 dB; 5, 10 KCS shelf boost, 0 – 12 dB
- 5, 10, 20 KCS shelf attenuate, 0 – 16 dB
- nput Transformer: 600 Ohms Output Transformer: 600 Ohms
- Noise: 92 dB below +10 dBm Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at +10 dBm into 600 Ohms
- Amplifier: Flat, 20 CPS to 20 KCS, +/- 0.5 dB Tubes: 1 ea 12AU7, 12AX7, 6X4