Sony C800-G PAC
The Sony C-800g PAC is a large-diaphragm condenser valve microphone designed to provide the highest possible sound reproduction quality and is ideal for vocal recording in studio or post-production.
The Sony C-800g PAC uses a high quality dual large-diaphragm tuned to perfectly reproduce vocal qualities nicely complemented by the richness and warmth of a 6AU6 vacuum tube. Unlike any other tube microphones, the Sony C-800g uses a unique Peltier-based cooling system to ensure the optimum temperature for operation of the valve.
The Sony C-800g offers a choice of two polar patterns, either cardioid or omni which can be selected electronically depending on the recording requirements. Throughout its history, the Sony C-800g has become a reference for pop, rock and hip-hop vocals, and a go-to microphone for everything vocal related.
Quite possibly the finest example of a cardioid condenser microphone there has ever been. Sony’s C800G is rarely sighted outside of the most high end recording studios and production suites. It’s remarkable tonality and vibe has to be heard to be believed
- Designed for the highest possible sound reproduction quality
- Suitable for vocal recording in studios and film post production houses
- High sensitivity of -33dB/Pa
- Low noise and low distortion due to built-in cooling system
- Large diaphragm capsule
- Electronically selectable directivity, either omni- directional or cardioid
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 76 dB (Uni), 73 dB (Omni).
- High sensitivity of -33dB/Pa.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-18,000 Hz
- Dynamic range: 113 dB
- Directivity: Uni-directional/Omni-directional
- Inherent Noise (0dB=20µPa): (Uni) Less than 18dBSPL (Omni) Less than 21dBSPL
- Max SPL (dB SPL)(0dB=20µP): (Uni) 131dB SPL (71 Pa) (Omni) 134dB SPL (100 Pa)
- Connector MIC output; JR16RK-7P type
- Cable Length: Mic Cable: 26 feet
- Power Requirements: AC120V, 50/60Hz (AC-MC800G)
- Dimensions: 2 1/4 dia. x 7 5/8 x 9 3/8 inches
- Weight: Mic: 1 lb 16 oz