Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Quad Heritage Edition
1 in stock
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Quad is a 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with world-class digital converters, real-time UAD-2 Quad Core Processing, and two Unison mic pres.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X features the latest AD/DA conversion technology and provides an astounding 127dB of dynamic range and -117dB THD+N. This translates in a spacious and organic sound that is not achieved by any other interface in its category and offers similar performance to dedicated high-end converters.
The Apollo Twin X Quad also includes to Unison mic preamp, allowing the user to record through meticulous emulations of some of the most sought after mic preamps from the likes of Helios, Neve, API, Manley and more. Unison technology, not only recreates the tone of the emulated hardware but also the input impedance, gain stage and component-level circuit behaviour resulting in a new level of realism with virtually zero latency. The Apollo Twin X also boasts a Hi-Z instrument input for use with guitar or bass instruments, matching perfectly the impedance and gain of Universal Audio’s range of amplifier emulations.
The Twin X Quad has four DSP processors providing plenty of DSP power to record and mix using the full suite of UAD plug-ins including approved emulations from Neve, Ampex, Helios, API, Lexion, Manley, Studer, Empirical Labs and many more.
Out of the box, the Apollo Twin X Quad comes with the “Realtime Analog Classics” which includes the Universal Audio 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs and more, arming you with great-sounding plug-ins to start your projects right away.
Further to its two Unison mic pres and line outs, the Twin X interface features optical ADAT/SPDIF input to connect an external mic preamp and increase your number of inputs up to ten as well as a built-in talkback microphone. For larger recording requirements, the Apollo Twin X can be combined with up to three additional Thunderbolt Apollo audio interfaces and five total UAD-2 devices, giving incredible recording and mixing power. In such systems, the Apollo Twin X can be used as a monitor controller with additional DSP power.
Plug-ins included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus bundle:
Universal Audio Apollo Twin X Quad Main Features:
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 Quad Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support —on the phone and online —from knowledgeable audio engineers