Universal Audio Apollo X4 Heritage Edition
1 in stock
The Universal Audio Apollo X4 is a desktop 12×18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with four Unison-ready mic preamps, Quad-Core UAD plug-in processing, and the same world-class AD/DA conversion as the Apollo X range.
The Universal Audio Apollo X4 includes four Unison Mic preamps, giving you the opportunity to track through exact emulations of Neve, Helios, API, Manley, Universal Audio and more, replicating not only the tone of these legendary mic preamps but also their input impedance, gain stage and circuit behaviour. Furthermore, Unison mic preamps let you track with near-zero latency for an authentic experience. In addition to the four mic preamps are two Hi-Z instrument inputs to provide the same impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp modelling from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg and more.
In addition to the four Unison inputs, the Apollo X4 boasts two independent headphone outputs as well as optical ADAT/SPDIF I/O, dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback Microphone for a total of 12 inputs and 18 outputs.
The Apollo X4 also includes Universal Audio’s latest A/D and D/A conversion, offering world-class conversion with 127dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+Noise, giving this interface a spacious sound.
Thanks to the power of UAD-2 Quad-Core processing and Realtime UAD processing power, the X4 gives you access to a wide range of world-class tones and tools for recording and mixing including authentic plug-ins from Neve, Manley, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Fender and many more.
The Apollo X4 even comes with the Realtime Analog Classics Plus suite of UAD plug-ins that includes the UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall, Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultecs EQs and more.
The Apollo X4 can also be used in conjunction with up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices, increasing the amount of I/O and DSP processing. In this expanded setup, the Apollo x4 can be used as a desktop monitor controller.
Plug-ins included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus bundle:
Universal Audio Apollo X4 Main Features:
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 Unison-enabled front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent front-panel headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input and output via optical ADAT and S/PDIF
- Includes the “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support —on the phone and online —from knowledgeable audio engineers