A preamp with two different amp modes. Green and Red. For more choices during recording.
Preamp circuit is switchable between two amps: RED and GREEN.
RED mode is a British classic style preamp (1073) and GREEN is an American vintage style preamp (discrete opamp). Both preamps have unique sonic textures known as a best classical sound preamps.
Carnhill transformers are responsible for matching impedance and de/symmetrization circuits. Preamp is loaded with two PADs: IN 20dB PAD and OUT 8dB PAD which allows to saturate both preamp and output transformer.
Additionally DUE-PRE has front input XLR Combo socket which can be used in both ways: as a mic input and as a instrumental input. Instrumental input is a high impedance input of which signal feeds input transformer through FET transistor. Module can draw up to 5W of power.
– High quality Grayhill gain switch
– 64dB of gain (preamps are matched with 0.5dB accuracy)
– Canrhill in/out transformers
– 20dB input PAD
– 8dB output PAD (allowing saturation of both preamp and transformer)
– Polarity Reverse switch
– +48V phantom power
– Fornt autosense XLR mic
– Hiz Fet DI front input (the signal passes through the input transformer)
– LED VU meter
– Input impedance: 1200ohm
– Output impedance: 600ohm
– Max. output level: RED (+27dBu); GREEN (+23dBu)
– min THD ratio: 0.005%
– Total gain: 64dB
– Power: up to 5W