The PMC6 is packed with innovation and providing the same sonic signature as our renowned larger monitors, it’s ideal for smaller control rooms or for use in larger immersive systems, where its astounding resolution allows critical mix decisions to be made with absolute confidence.
With 20mm of excursion, the bespoke 6-inch bass driver is designed specifically to integrate with our latest ATL™ bass-loading and Laminair™ airflow technologies. The combination outperforms most 8-inch monitors, offering unparalleled bass extension, headroom, dynamics, and low distortion at all levels. The high end is courtesy of a one-inch precision-built fabric soft-dome tweeter, with a shallow waveguide that creates wide, tonally consistent dispersion and rock-solid imaging. Both the bass and treble drivers are precisely and individually controlled by a pair of 200W ultra-low-distortion, high-damping-factor Class-D amplifiers.
Whether in portrait or landscape placement, the PMC6’s sophisticated DSP engine automatically adjusts the crossover, ensuring optimum tonal accuracy, phase and imaging.
The monitor can be calibrated using the rear-panel controls or with PMC’s intuitive browser-accessible SoundAlign™ software.
The PMC6 can be upgraded by adding a PMC8 SUB to create a full-range, free-standing PMC6 XBD system. Activating the ‘XBD’ DSP mode ensures the perfect marriage of the two units, creating a clean LF extension down to 25Hz.
- Active 2-way nearfield reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 39Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB @1m full space, on-axis)
- Max. cont. SPL: 106dB @1m (half space value calculated as +3dB from full space measurement.
Un-weighted input,20-20kHz Pink Noise (IEC) with 12dB CF for 2 hours AES2-1984 duration)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifiers: HF 200W, LF 200W
- Analogue/AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital ‘through’ output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz)
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ & settings
- Sophisticated DSP crossover, driver protection, EQ, and delay/polarity options
- Automatic portrait/landscape placement DSP correction
- PMC6 + PMC8 SUB creates PMC6 XBD, with LF down to 25Hz
- Ceiling-mount yoke allows suspension in multi-channel or immersive systems