The STX 600 is Spectra 1964’s latest effort that adds to the fifty year Complimiter history, in an affordable 500 series format. At the heart of the STX 600 resides the original, and famous, 601 Complimiter circuit that was introduced in 1969. As the fastest analog compressor limiter available, the 601 allows for dramatic improvement in headroom, as well as reduction of system noise and distortion. The 601 is the same circuit that is used in the original 610, as well as the recently introduced C610, 611, and venerable V610.
The STX 600 is a true Complimiter design based on the same 601 compressor limiter circuit as found in both the C610 and V610. The unit features the same ultra‐fast limiter/compressor performance in a small affordable 500 series format. Overall gain the STX 600 is 62dB, which allows for use as a microphone or line preamplifier. Switchable 48 volt phantom and phase control further adds to the versatility of the unit.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1200 Ohms
- OUTPUT LOADING: 600 Ohms to Infinity
- MAXIMUM GAIN: 62dB
- INPUT LEVEL: TYPICALLY -50dBu to +10dBu
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT:+18dBm @ 600 Ohms
- THRESHOLD ATTACK LEVEL: -40dBu
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE: -80dBu, Below +4dBu Output,-40dBu Input 20Hz-20kHz, Unweighted
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/- 2dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- LIMITER ATTACK TIME: Less than 90 Nanoseconds
- COMPRESSOR ATTACK TIME: 100 Nanoseconds to 1.2 Milliseconds
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: .03%, 30Hz-20kHz, @ +8dBu
- POWER SUPPLY REQUIREMENT: Less than 80 Milliamps @ +18dBu