The Bettermaker Mastering Compressor is a 2U fully-analogue audio compressor with digital controls and 5” touchscreen, specifically designed to answer the requirements of mastering engineers.
The Bettermaker Mastering Compressor uses an advanced analogue VCA design which can be switched between peak or RMS as well as feedforward or feedback modes. It also boasts three different modes designed to alter the VCA behaviour and recreate the sound of two of the best VCA compressors.
In addition to the different modes, the Mastering Compressor offers a plethora of features, such as dual-mono, stereo and mid/side operations, Dry/Wet mix control, Side-chain HPF, LPF and fully parametric filtering. A Range Setting also offers a gain reduction limit, ensuring that no matter how much higher from the threshold the signal goes, the compression will only be of the amount set by the ratio control.
Like all other Bettermaker units, all parameters of the Mastering Compressor are digitally controlled via the front panel or by the plug-in and automatable.
Bettermaker Mastering Compressor Main Features:
- 100% analogue signal path
- 5” capacitive touchscreen with backlight
- Advanced analogue VCA compressor with Peak and RMS detection
- BM, SG and DX modes
- Stereo, dual-mono, mid/side operation with solo and side-chain preview function
- Dry/Wet Mix control for parallel compression
- HPF, LPF and fully configurable parametric sidechain filter
- Range Setting for limiting the amount of gain reduction
- Digitally controlled parameters via front-panel or plug-in.
- Onboard measurement of Peak/RMS levels