PEQB - Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A - Mono Pultec EQP-1A Equalizer
Manley labs are the only authorized users of the original Western Electric passive EQ circuitry previously licensed to Pulse Techniques, Inc. (PULTEC) This is the circuitry found in the much loved (and now much sought after) antique Pultec units. EQ may be set to 'flat' positions or BYPASSED entirely. All BOOST and CUT controls are continuously variable conductive plastic potentiometers for absolutely silent operation and long life. Manley's compact 1U units occupy a third of the space of an 'antique' Pultec, an important consideration for allocation of outboard rack space. And Manley have added a couple of extra frequencies as well. A rear mounted input switch selects 0 degrees or 180 degrees PHASE INVERT for the balanced gold pin XLR input or the transformerless unbalanced bridging input (1/4" jack) may be selected.
The new Manley Pultecs sound sound like the old Pultecs and better. The originals had three transformers in the signal path, now Manley units can be used completely transformerless. The Manley Enhanced Pultec has a superior B+ power supply, with regulated and balanced heater supply. Its line amp is known to be one of the best sounding.
The Manley PULTEC EQP-1A uses 1 x 12AU7WA and 1 x 6414 in an all tube single-ended line amplifier for gain make-up and extra warm sound. Gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot. Like their 40dB Mic Preamps, Manley Pultecs offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interfacing and sonic variety.
With the individual Low Frequency BOOST and CUT controls in the LF shelf circuit it is easy to fix problems with bass drums. For more clarity the lovely middle bell-shaped boost with variable bandwith does the right thing and unpleasend HF can eased off with HF shelf cut. Only a Pultec sound like a Pultec.
- Authorized Pultec-style 3-Band EQ
- Mono channel version
- All-tube design
- MANLEY input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case.
- MANLEY 9611 output transformer
- Alternate transformerless inputs and outputs
- Adjustable gain: Unity ±5 dB
- Phase reverse switch for balanced input
- Bypass switch & Auto-mute warmup delay
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-70KHz
- Input level (max): +30 dBv
- Output level (max): +30 dBv
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 70 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- THD & Noise (1kHz @ +4 dBm) 0.015%
- Noise Floor: -80 dB Wideband
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116 dB typical (A wgt)
- Gain: -5 dB to +5 dB
- EQ Boost (max): 16 dB lows, 11- 20 dB highs
- EQ Cut (max): 20 dB lows, 11- 21 dB highs
- Mains Voltage: 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC (with different transformers)
- Power Consumption 18 watts
- Dimension (W x H x D): 483 x 44,5 x 254 mm (19” / 1U)
- Weight: 4,1 kg