MERGING+HAPI has been a hugely popular networked audio converter and instrumental in introducing so many to the exciting world of RAVENNA/AES67. Its economical form factor made it the ideal local stagebox or studio rack unit for any application. Now is the time to build on that success with new technology and new features that still allow full interface card compatibility with the original Hapi and Horus products.
Hapi MKII utilizes the ZMAN technology introduced with Anubis and this powerful processor allows some very meaningful performance upgrades. The recent introduction of the ADA8S and ADA8P cards improved the headroom of the mic-pre inputs and effectively doubled the analog I/O count to 16 in/16 out in DSD, all in 1U rack mountable box.
Merging’s range of audio device options make Hapi the optimum interface for any DAW, regardless of OS.
- Channel-based routing. Each channel can be routed individually to make the most efficient use of resources
- Improved Headphones specifications and features
- Mastering grade Headphone Amp
- Powerful Headphone Amp suitable for ultra-low to very high impedance headphones.
- Headphones DSD volume support (DSD64, DSD128, DSD256)
- Headphones DSD256 support.
- New front panel with improved display. Clear Plexiglas with dimming options
- ST2022-7 Support. Perfectly complementing Anubis SPS and MAD, Hapi MKII is now fully compliant with the Seamless Protection Switching strategy
- Switch mode support - Remove the need for an external network switch when using one other Networked Interface
- Additional DA Roll Off filters
- Per channel DA Trims level and polarity support
- 0.1 dB level precision steps on DA and all trims – Precision mastering control
- Per channel Headphones Trims level and polarity support
Build a Hapi unit to fit your exact needs by adding from range of analog and digital option cards. Put small amount of inputs and outputs in various locations, or load 16 channels of analog I/O in a single unit. Digital I/O conversion and routing can also be managed in this compact unit. Flexibility and power in any form you need.
Base Unit - Hardwired Features
- 8 AES/EBU I/O (D-SUB)
- 8 ADAT / 2 SPDIF (Switching)
- RAVENNA / AES67 (RJ45)
- Word Clock I/O
Sample Rate support
- 44.1 – 384 kHz PCM
- DXD and DSD64/128/256
- Remote control over LAN (CAT5E/CAT6)
- Direct access on unit with rotary control
Redundant Power Options:
- Optional DC power input to be used as a redundant or alternate power source
2 Option slots that fit any combo of:
Note: P and “non-P” cards (Premium and Standard) can be mixed in the same unit
- 8 Channel Mic/Line Input Card (AD8D / AD8DP)
- AD8D sample rates from 44.1 -> 192kHz
- AD8DP sample rates from 44.1 ->384 kHz, DXD/DSD64/128/256
- 8 Channel Mic/Line Input Card (AKD8D / AKD8DP)
- AKD8D sample rates from 44.1 -> 192kHz
- AKD8DP sample rates from 44.1 ->384 kHz, DXD/DSD64/128/256
- 8 Channel Line Out Card (DA8/DA8P)
- DA8 Sample rates from 44.1 -> 192kHz
- DA8P sample rates from 44.1 ->384 kHz, DXD/DSD64/128/256
- 8 Channel Mic/Line Input & 8 Channel Line Out Card (ADA8)
- Sample rates from 44.1 -> 192kHz
- 64 Channels of Pro Tools HD™ connectivity in each card (PT64)
- Sample rates from 44.1 -> 192kHz
- The left slot may be fitted with 64 I/O MADI coaxial/optical module (MADM/MADS)
Horus Quality, Hapi Size.
Able to hold both the standard and premium analog cards from the Horus means that Hapi owners get the exact same sound that Horus users have been winning awards with for many years.
Using RAVENNA (AES67 compatible), Hapi is able to provide flexible connectivity of every single input and output across standard networks, using off-the-shelf network equipment. The future is most definitely networked audio, and Hapi provides it today.
Read more about RAVENNA
AC or DC power... Proper Rock and Roll.
With a choice of AC or DC power supplies, Hapi is able to be powered from standard power sources and from battery packs and "wall warts" as well! Implemented for a variety of reasons, from sound quality concerns to what is available on site, this was a huge request from our user base.
Completely Controlled Over LAN
Hapi is designed to fit into hard to reach places. So, Hapi comes with the same web-browser based control interface allowing any web-enabled device to access all the parameters of each Hapi unit over the network. ANEMAN can easily manage AoIP networks of any size.
BROADCAST STANDARDS COMPLIANCE
Merging has kept abreast of AoIP developments by participating in international showcases and standardisation events. It is no surprise that Hapi MKII complies with the key broadcast requirements.
ST2022-7 Seamless Protection Switching
Adding to the fantastic and constantly evolving feature set of Hapi, the Hapi MkII version features two network ports for ST2022-7 compliance.
While all MERGING Devices can be discovered and inter connected using MERGING ANEMAN Network Manager, Hapi MkII (as well as all other Merging interfaces) is also capable to register itself into an NMOS server as well as comply to connection requests from a compliant NMOS Network Manager such as VideoIPath from Nevion.
Hapi MkII is compliant with:
- NMOS IS-04 (Discovery & Registration)
- NMOS IS-05 (Device Connection Management)
MERGING holds strongly to its commitment to broadcasters and has been implementing all the new IP protocols into its products. As a regular participant in IP Showcase events, Merging has implemented ST2110 and AES67. Hapi MkII meets the demanding requirements of JT-NM and is self-certified. We want your trust to be based on objective quality and reliability and submitting all our products to independent testing bodies is vital to ensure interoperability.